rich:progressBar is a component which could be used to display progress of
any client or server side process.
In order to display progress of some server side process(mode="ajax") component
uses polling method. It just polls server to get the value which should be
updated by server side process.
Next simple example shows you progress bar which polls server every two second to get new progress value
In order to customize progressBar next main attributes used:
- minValue, maxValue - defines boundary values for progress bar
- value - value binding to property which kept process progress
- enabled - boolean attribute. If false progress stops polling
Also next two facets could be defined for states customization:
- initial rendered before progress started
- complete rendered after process complete
Next example shows client side progress bar. Progress Bar JS API should be
used to update progress value from client side process.
Next JS API functions should be used to update progress: